December 7, 2011

tight love







Had our staff Christmas party today at work--we had a crazy Christmas sweater contest and everything. I went to 3 different thrift stores last night looking for the perfect sweater to wear today and they had nothing! Just normal sweaters. Since when did the Salvation Army become so posh?? So I ended up pinning a bunch of green tinsel to my sweater and wearing reindeer antlers to impress my co-workers. It's the thought that counts, right?
But last night's shopping trip wasn't a total waste. I strolled over to Marshall's "just to look" and found a great pair of brown tights which I really needed--I know I live in Cali but it still gets somewhat cold so that I can't bear my legs for a few months....of course no one would want me to either since I don't shave in the winter--I need the warmth people! No, I'm mostly kidding....
But seriously, I bow down to whoever was smart enough to invent tights. Definitely a wardrobe essential for the winter no matter where you live. 

5 comments:

  1. haha I don't shave in the winter either. That's why I love tights and the winter :) Your dress and cardigan are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Salvation Army! I feel like I always see ugly sweaters there.. I guess it depends on the area! Gotta love Marshall's too. You're a girl after my own (thrifty) heart. :) -Rachel (for the birds)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that funny, I'm wearing burgundy and orange together today as well. I love that color combo and love how you're wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cute blazer-sweater thingy...really unique style, but so cute.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors! so earthy and warm...I would love for you to participate in my giveaway!
    http://2-gitanas.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-first-giveaway.html
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what you think! Thanks for leaving a message :)